- n hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitocin); stimulates contractions of the uterus and ejection of milk
- Pitocinase neutralizes pitocin, a mysterious pituitary hormone which seems to play a part in contracting the muscles of the uterus.
- Approximately half way through my labor I did choose a walking epidural, and the reason I felt the need for that is with the pitocin, my contractions never fully went away, as they .
- Two hormones do exist, named by him "alpha hypophamin pitocin" and "beta hypophamin pitressin.
- Ricki Lake in Washington Post
Lake said she had no problems delivering her oldest son Milo, 11, at the hospital, but "looking back on it, I felt that I did not necessarily need the intervention. I didn't need the (drug Pitocin, which induces labor). I just should have labored on...