- s without mercy or pity
- s deficient in humane and kindly feelings
- Each song has the clenched power and pitiless clarity of a Francis Bacon painting.
- We admire Szpilman for the way he embraces that pitiless truth.
- We can't bear to listen anymore to the rancor of the past five weeks, or eight years, or 13, if you extend this period of pitiless politics back to the confirmation hearings of .
News & Articles
- Falcao, Atlético Madrid, third-party ownership and deferred dreams
O God! can I not save One from the pitiless wave? Is all that we see or seem But a dream within a dream? Greek tragic dramatist Aeschylus told us that "men in exile feed on dreams of hope." Aristotle wrote that "Hope is a waking dream."
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- Anatoly Chubais in International Herald Tribune
His killing is an impudent challenge to all Russian authorities,Chubais said in a statement. "It's the case when the authorities' response should be rigid, prompt and pitiless."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Jerusalem Post
Pope Benedict XVI, in his Sunday address, said he was especially concerned "for the increasing military activities in Lebanon and for the many victims among the civilian population. At the root of such pitiless contrasts there are, unfortunately,...
- Valdis Dombrovskis in Irish Times
For the first time in independent Latvia, we are forced to decide on a pitiless regime of cuts in order to avoid the state going bankrupt,Mr Dombrovskis told parliament before the vote.