pillar : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a fundamental principle or practice
science eroded the pillars of superstition
- n anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower
a thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite
- n a prominent supporter
he is a pillar of the community
- n a vertical cylindrical structure standing alone and not supporting anything (such as a monument)
- n (architecture) a tall vertical cylindrical structure standing upright and used to support a structure
- CeeLite's paper-thin, flexible lightbulbs can go virtually anywhere: around a pillar, on the floor, even around Chad Smith's drum set during the Red Hot Chili Peppers' recent .
- The man by the pillar smiles hesitantly at Fifi.
- Although the second pillar of Freud's psychoanalytic structure, "Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality" (1905), further alienated him from the mainstream of contemporary .
News & Articles
- Study finds hodgepodge of waste in harbor
Pillar Point Harbor can sometimes resemble a toilet bowl of bacteria, but researchers report that there is no single culprit for the contaminants.
June 13, 2013 - Half Moon Bay Review
- Families learn about Pillar Point Harbor operations
The Coastside Mothers Club families came to visit the Pillar Point Harbor May 15. Both the weather and timing was great as the harbor also was about to start a surf training exercise effort with the United States Coast Guard.
June 12, 2013 - Pacifica Tribune
- Pillar Wealth Advisors, LLC Selected For "Philly's Top Money Managers"
WILMINGTON, Del., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --Announcing a special recognition appearing in the February, 2013 issue of Philadelphia SmartCEO published by SmartCEO Publishing. Pillar Wealth Advisors, LLC was selected for the following honor: "Philly's Top Money...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Harry Reid in Los Angeles Times
She believes her life was saved as a result of picking up those papers,Reid said. "She then crouched behind a pillar when this 'war,' as she said, took place."
- David Duke in International Herald Tribune
The Holocaust is the device used as the pillar of Zionist imperialism, Zionist aggression, Zionist terror and Zionist murder,Duke told The Associated Press.
- Art Shell in Chicago Tribune
He was the equal of owners in negotiations and made the league a better place for all players,Shell said. "Playing alongside of Gene was an honor and a privilege. He was a pillar of strength and leadership for our great Raider teams."