- n rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes
- Examples: "Pilaf: An Extinct Soup"; "Carme-leis: Swoons in Cream"; "Silde-boller: Hamburger with Fins.
- The Hello Kitty Ribbon Lunch Box, which included chicken pilaf, hamburger steak, deep-fried prawn, an omelet and a Kitty-shaped baked potato, was offered in 2004.
- His belt pinching after feasts of roast lamb and pilaf, his legs a bit wobbly after trying them at Arab dancing, William Simon left the Middle East last week feeling justifiably .
- Walter Willett in CBS News
Fortunately, substituting pistachio-encrusted salmon and gingered brown basmati pilaf for roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy is not a culinary sacrifice,Willett said in a JAMA editorial accompanying the studies.