- n inflammation of the fauces and pharynx
- Nearly all had tender, enlarged lymph nodes, tenderness in the abdomen, and pharyngitis.
- Also attributable to environment, said the investigators, may be an attack of pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, even pneumonia.
- The 'upper' refers to disease at the level of the larynx or above, such as laryngitis, nasal pharyngitis and simple rhinitis.
- Jerome Groopman in New York Times
This approach can be useful for "run-of-the-mill diagnosis and treatment - distinguishing strep throat from viral pharyngitis, for example," Groopman writes.