- a intended or having the power to induce action or belief
a most persuasive speaker
a persuasive argument
- No doubt because of my (persuasive) prowess and Arianna's intellectual openness, she switched, becoming a lefty.
- I find almost all our critics' arguments persuasive, but I still feel John le Carr's best book is Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (not on the list) instead of The Spy Who Came in .
- The Danish findings, which were published in the New England Journal of Medicine last week, are persuasive for several reasons.
News & Articles
- Fighting Fear, One Negative Thought at a Time
The voice of fear is loud and persuasive. Yet recent research suggests that, at least in some situations, we should not talk back to fears, minimize them, push them away or rationalize them out of existence, but rather give voice to them by stating them plainly.
June 15, 2013 - Philly.com
- Bonds and buildings: Crestwood BOE listens to presenters
Jim Pattenaude, technology faculty member at Crestwood, gave an impassioned persuasive speech to the board not to skimp on technology in the prospective new high school. He outline five main categorie
June 14, 2013 - Paris Beacon-News
- Britain says evidence growing that Assad using chemical weapons
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said on Thursday there was a growing body of evidence showing that the President Bashar al-Assad had used and was continuing to use chemical weapons. "There is a growing body persuasive evidence showing that the regime used - and continues to use - chemical weapons, including sarin," a spokesman for the Foreign Office said. "The room for doubt continues to diminish ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Anthony Blunt in Telegraph.co.uk
I was thus faced with the most important decision of my life. I might have joined the Communist Party, but Guy, who was an extraordinarily persuasive person, convinced me that I could do more good by joining him in his work,Blunt said....
- Michael Ballack in The Press Association
Ballack added: "But above all the good sporting potential of this young and attractive team were persuasive. I am especially looking forward to the great fans, who naturally have been key in my decision to return to Bayer."
- Alan Greenspan in USA Today
It seems persuasive that, given the size of the US current account deficit, a diminished appetite for adding to dollar balances must occur at some point,Greenspan said.