- n someone who tries to persuade or induce or lead on
- To persuade in this world and the President is not just the decider but also the persuader you have to go multiplatform.
- Having sent to Congress a bill to authorize the loan guarantee, President Nixon has assigned Treasury Secretary John Connally, a relentless persuader, to lead a hard-sell campaign .
- "He is a persuader, not a dictator.
News & Articles
- Tight lines, tight race at HIBT
Veteran anglers from Laguna Niguel Billfish Club No. 2 knew they needed to post valuable points in today’s Hawaiian International Billfish Tournament to break away from a crowded four-way tie for second place. Fishing aboard Strong Persuader, angler Chuck Salinger seized his opportunity. “As soon as the marlin hit, I knew this tag and release would be an important one for our team,” said ...
Aug. 7, 2013 - West Hawaii Today
- Tony Blair in Reuters.uk
Brought up in sectarian politics he ended up being a persistent and intelligent persuader for cross-community partnership and he will be sorely missed,Blair said.
- Rudy Giuliani in Poughkeepsie Journal
Mario (Catalano, the Ulster County Republican chairman) talked me into it,Giuliani said. "He's a great persuader. I enjoy doing it, and I knew the Yankees wouldn't be playing."
- Robert Cray in Bloomington Pantagraph
I've always known that everything would change; that's how it is,Cray adds. "The tide turned for us after 'Strong Persuader,' when the next album didn't do as well -- it 'only' went gold. I think it was fortunate for us that we gained a...