- n any of several tropical trees of the genus Diospyros
- n orange fruit resembling a plum; edible when fully ripe
- Corbett reaches up to a branch, plucks off a persimmon, and bites into it.
- Though Kurlansky has tried some of the recipes in his book the still regionally popular Indiana persimmon pudding is a favorite he admits that some of these old dishes aren .
- The road from there cut through talc-like dust that produced a general haze and made the river a mirage and painted the setting sun a persimmon orange.
News & Articles
- Four things Tim Rogers thinks about the U.S. Open: Day 4
View full sizePhil Mickelson goes airborne after scoring an eagle on No. 10 Sunday. Charlie Riedel, AP 1. Ever since I started paying attention, long before persimmon woods disappeared, I felt the U.S. Open was always the best of...
June 17, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Pope prevails at Persimmon Hill
SALUDA, S.C. - Jeff Pope overcame what he called a "stupid mistake" late in his round to edge Steve Foss and win the North Augusta Exchange Club/Persimmon Hill Classic.
June 16, 2013 - The Augusta Chronicle
- Geoff Ogilvy in SportingNews.com
It would have been nice to have competed in 1985 with a persimmon wood and a balata ball and see how you go on that golf course,Ogilvy said. "But Augusta is Augusta. It's a special place no matter when you play the tournament."
- Michelle Wie in Bay News 9
A lot of people have told me many times before, and it's great,Wie said Tuesday. "I mean, it's really wonderful how he hit that hole with the persimmon wood. I could have never imagined hitting with a wooded head driver."
- John Norwood Fisher in PopMatters
...the start, Norwood and Angelo Moore were seeing things differently: where Norwood remembers pushing a pomegranate into his future frontman's face, Angelo disagrees: "There was no goddamn pomegranate tree, this was a persimmon he smooshed...