- a not preventive
- a granting or inclined or able to grant permission; not strict in discipline
direct primary legislation is largely permissive rather than prescriptive
- Sparked by the easing of government control over individual lifestyle choices and the spread of more permissive, Western attitudes toward sex, Chinese are copulating earlier, more .
- It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive .
- Leading foreign scientists have flocked to Singapore, attracted by the government's financial largesse and relatively permissive regulations on controversial hESC research.
News & Articles
- ACLU Sues Obama Administration Over NSA Phone Record Collection
The New York and American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against the Obama administration, challenging the constitutionality of the National Security Agency phone surveillance program. “The program goes far beyond even the permissive limits set by the Patriot Act,” Jameel Jaffer, ACLU Deputy Legal Director, said, “and represents a gross infringement of the freedom of ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Printed letters, June 11, 2013
The most visible issue confronting residents and visitors to the Grand Valley alike is the constant begging, panhandling and harassment by one group of people or another. Panhandlers have become emboldened due to the permissive stance and lack of action taken by both the city and county.
June 10, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Zoeller puts brakes on $5 license fee
Seneca County Commissioner Fred Zoeller pulled his support from the $5 permissive tax proposal Wednesday night during a Seneca Regional Planning Commission meeting.
June 6, 2013 - The Advertiser-Tribune
- Robert Gates in Chicago Tribune
When we pulled out of Kuwait in 1991, '92, it took about a year to get out of there, in a completely permissive environment, where we had some of the best ports and some of the best airports in the world to help us with the logistics,Gates...
- Harry Knowles in Washington Post
Society in general has sort of been more permissive about being geekish anyway,says Harry Knowles, the self-styled Head Geek of aintitcool.com. "People sit around wearing Steve Jobs buttons, you know, 'cause they worship at the almighty...
- Brian Donnelly in Washington Post
Minority New Zealand First Party lawmaker Brian Donnelly said the bill was "not about smacking ...... but the far too permissive levels of violence we mete out to our children."