- n chiefly trailing poisonous plants with blue flowers
- n commonly cultivated Old World woody herb having large pinkish to red flowers
- n small edible marine snail; steamed in wine or baked
- n edible marine gastropod
- Malia wore a deep periwinkle blue coat to her dad's swearing-in, while Sasha went for an orange-and-pink combo.
- He points, for example, to antitumor alkaloids found in the Madagascar periwinkle that are now used in the treatment of childhood leukemia and Hodgkin's disease.
- Two of Eli Lilly's more successful cancer drugs, Velban and Oncovin, were developed from Madagascar's rosy periwinkle plant, found through a shaman some 40 years ago.
News & Articles
- Albany girl crowned queen
Miella Welch, 7, just completed the second grade at Periwinkle Elementary School. The daughter of Jill and Ron Welch is the youngest of four siblings, but she is already a queen.
June 29, 2013 - Albany Democrat-Herald