- n periapsis in solar orbit; the point in the orbit of a planet or comet where it is nearest to the sun
- It will be ordered to aim its ultraviolet spectrometer toward the comet before, during and after perihelion, when Halley's is most active because of its proximity to the sun.
- Yes, there is a world championship, and every four years the perihelion of the Olympics.
- In 1977 Ashley reached the perihelion when Balanchine choreographed the first of two ballets for her, Ballo della Regina.
News & Articles
- Comet ISON Nears Date With Sun
riverat1 writes "Now visible in the morning sky, comet ISON will swing around the Sun on November 28. ISON will pass 730,000 km above the surface of the Sun at closest approach (Mercury's perihelion distance is 46 million km). If it survives its near brush with the Sun it could provide a spectacular sky show from December into January. This NASA timeline shows that ISON will be the most observed ...
Nov. 17, 2013 - Slashdot