- n European butterfly having reddish-brown wings each marked with a purple eyespot
- n male peafowl; having a crested head and very large fanlike tail marked with iridescent eyes or spots
- The network gives up its Olympic gold$70 million worth Just thinking about the summer of 1980 used to make NBC proud as a peacock.
- In the fall of 1974, NBC decided to replace its timeworn symbols, the rainbow-plumed peacock and the cursive cluster of letters known affectionately as "the snake.
- The Peacock Gets Plucked .
News & Articles
- Bonnaroo 2013 Coverage
A peacock. A butterfly. A character in “The Great Gatsby.” A body suit of his own face.
June 15, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Peacock’s trial scheduled for July 29
GREENVILLE — A jury trial has been set for former Greenville Police Sgt. Burney Alfred Peacock, who on Wednesday pleaded not guilty to conversion of another’s property to his own use and interfering w
June 14, 2013 - Delta Democrat Times
- Author, illustrator to sign books at Plaid Peacock
WATERLOO, Iowa --- Joshalyn Hickey will be signing her books at the Plaid Peacock, 316 W. Third St., from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, along with the books’ illustrator, Chaveevah Banks Ferguson.
June 14, 2013 - Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier
- Drew Barrymore in Forbes
Making the cover "made my peacock feathers shine in the golden-hour light and extend to the heavens," says Barrymore, who stars in the upcoming Warner Bros. film "Lucky You," opposite Eric Bana.