- n a record of deposits and withdrawals and interest held by depositors at certain banks
- Then a new and more militant organization called the Pan-African Congress decided to exploit the passbook grievance.
- The limit on the interest that financial institutions can pay for passbook savings accounts, which has been fixed at 5.
- Other passbook holders place particular value on the ability to get at money quickly and conveniently.
News & Articles
- Is Apple's Passbook the Stealth E-Wallet Success?
NEW YORK ( MainStreet )—Just when most digital wallet experts had forgotten the year-old Apple Passbook --widely dismissed as ineffectual and neutered -- a discordant voice wants to get an unexpected message across: just maybe Passbook is the stealth winner of the early rounds of the e-wallet wars, and it is doing it by sneaking in a powerful but largely uncommented upon transaction capability.
June 12, 2013 - Philly.com
- Subway UK restaurant app adds Passbook support
Things have been on a roll lately for Passbook-supported apps outside of North America. First it was easyJet , then British Airways and then iTunes Festival London . Now the Subway UK app has finally gained Passbook support. The new Subway UK app, Subcard , lets customers scan their iPhones at checkout to earn points towards free sandwiches. Additionally, users can browse their Subcard ID number ...
June 6, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Guido Mantega in Wall Street Journal
We were worried that, with interest rates falling, investors would shift from government bonds to passbook savings, but that has not happened,Mantega said. "We're not going to propose a tax on passbook savings this year or next year."