- n someone who passes bad checks or counterfeit paper money
- n one whose occupation is decorating walls with wallpaper
- Perhaps you will ask how it is that a nation of 60,000,000 people, intelligent people, will submit in fear and servitude to an alien, an Austrian paperhanger, and a poor one at .
- Not only were Germany-Vatican relations threatened when Chicago's Cardinal Mundelein called Berlin's Adolf Hitler "an Austrian paperhanger, and a poor one at that.
- In lieu of payment for the paperhanging job, Hance worked out a reconciliation between the paperhanger and his estranged wife.