- n unnatural lack of color in the skin (as from bruising or sickness or emotional distress)
- n the property of having a naturally light complexion
- n being deficient in color
- It could be his paleness.
- When coats were stowed under seats, house lights extinguished, the audience was shown the exterior of a large New England home, a portico of deathly paleness only partially masking .
- But the critics, after a leisurely look, generally approved of its color harmonies: the pinkish paleness of face and hands, the rich black of the clothes, and the strangely .