- n a fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan
- In the 1980s, former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi once observed that out of every rupee his government spent, only 12 paisa, or cents, reached the people.
- Somehow, he would get back to Italy, find some friendly paisa and friendly hills and hide.
- Even the beggars complained formally that the changeover would cost them profits since passers-by now tossed them a mere naya paisa (.
- Manmohan Singh in Rediff
For autos, the increase would be just 16 paisa per km, for car/taxi it would be 27 paisa per km and in case of buses, the increase would be Rs 1.60 per km, which translates to less than 3 paisa per passenger-km,he said.
- Chatterjee in Hindustan Times
You are insulting the people of the country and wasting public money. You do not deserve even a single paisa. You are behaving in a condemnable manner,Chatterjee said as chaos prevailed in the Lok Sabha. "I think this house should be...
- Rahul Gandhi in Thaindian.com (blog)
Recalling the words of Late Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Rahul said, "My father used to say that only 15 Paisa out of the Rupee reaches people, after the seeing the situation here I feel that not even five Paisa of a Rupee is reaching the people."