oxygen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a nonmetallic bivalent element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless nonflammable diatomic gas; constitutes 21 percent of the atmosphere by volume; the most abundant element in the earth's crust
- THE deaths of the astronauts brought to a head longstanding differences between advocates of pure-oxygen atmospheres for spacecraft and those who favor a two-gas system.
- The world record for holding your breath after inhaling pure oxygen is now Blaine's 17 minutes and 4 seconds.
- Extra oxygen given too soon, she warned, may damage the brain as surely as the lack of oxygen ultimately does in normal death.
News & Articles
- Michael Jackson bedroom pics show King of Pop's pill bottles, oxygen tanks, medical supplies
Shocking images of Michael Jackson’s resting place have been released to the public, showing photos of pill bottles, oxygen tanks and medical supplies scattered...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Can We Solve Our Global Health Challenges? Industry Leaders Share Solutions
Health is the oxygen that impacts practically every element of our life and economy. But today?s powerful winds of healthcare change make it hard to grasp systemic problems and solutions. These include: the changing consumer, the role of innovation and technology, growing challenges like diabetes, and out of control healthcare economics.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Oxygen XML Editor 15 impoves WSDL editing, DITA functions
Syncro Soft has released an upgrade to Oxygen XML Editor, version 15. The software is said to have "major" improvements in its WSDL editing, including new search and refactoring actions, hierarchy and dependency views, context-aware editing help, and the ability to generate documentation. Enhancements have also been made in working with XML databases and validation support....
June 10, 2013 - MacNN
- Jeff Zucker in Inquirer.net
In just seven short years, Oxygen has become the crown jewel of independent networks,said Jeff Zucker, president and chief executive of NBC Universal. "It's a terrific property with a clear mission, strong brand, and desirable audience."
- Sheryl Crow in Playfuls.com
Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen,Crow said. "I propose a limitation be put...
- John Battelle in International Herald Tribune
Google is the oxygen in this ecosystem,Battelle said.