- s unrestrained, especially with regard to feelings
- s presumptuously arrogant
had a witty but overweening manner
no idea how overweening he would be"- S.V.Benet
- I don't think I'm the only tech-happy person who would love to get information beamed to my wrist it's a perennially good idea but I also can't believe it's overweening .
- Divas are expected to be difficult; opera lore is rife with tales of their devouring egos and overweening eccentricities -- not to mention the outrageous quirks of arrogant male .
- Warren is a conservative Christian, a former recurring guest on James Dobson's radio show, a man who used the overweening right-wing group Focus on the Family to help promote .
News & Articles
- Robert Kuttner: Thinking About the Government
We have almost reached a tipping point where majorities of Americans who want to government to be on their side look in vain for a government that actually serves them. Meanwhile, the national security state is more overweening than ever. Instead of having a government that delivers practical help while restraining its own excesses, we have one that is doing far too little to keep us ...
June 17, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- J Jayalalithaa in Khabrein.info
The agreement has "secret clauses and an overweening jugglery of words", Jayalalitha alleged.
- Alan Johnson in Prospect Magazine
As Alan Johnson said in a recent debate on obesity: "On the one hand we are castigated for introducing an overweening nanny state, while on the other we are told that we have not taken enough action."
- Arthur M Schlesinger Jr in Dover-Sherborn Press
I believe history is a moral necessity,said Schlesinger, "for a nation possessed of overweening power. It is the best antidote to the delusions of power."