- n work done in addition to regular working hours
- n playing time beyond regulation, to break a tie
- r beyond the regular time
she often has to work overtime
- Many a working man still counts on overtime to finance a vacation or a new TV set, but the top ranks of labor increasingly regard the institution as more of a bane than a blessing.
- New York Jets place kicker Jay Feely (3) kicks an overtime, game-winning field goal against the New England Patriots in their NFL football game in Foxborough, Massachusetts .
- Microsoft is working overtime to fend off user-created Linux.
News & Articles
- Overtime OKd for lawmen
County law enforcement officials are now eligible to receive overtime compensation through Operation Stonegarden funds after commissioners approved Monday an amendment to local policy that allows for it.
June 11, 2013 - Laredo Morning Times
- Audit faults Paterson's police overtime policies
The city's auditors are recommending that Paterson impose new policies for monitoring police overtime requisitions, including the appointment of a non-uniformed civilian employee to maintain the records "to avoid conflicts.''
June 11, 2013 - The Record
- Overtime win sends Blackhawks to Cup finals against Bruins
Patrick Kane scored his third goal of the game 11:40 into the second overtime period and the Blackhawks beat the defending champion Kings 4-3 on Saturday to advance to the Stanley Cup finals against the Boston Bruins.
June 9, 2013 - The MetroWest Daily News
- Bronislaw Komorowski in CTV.ca
In life as in football, overtime is the most difficult. Let's not forget that and let's mobilize all our forces for the grand finale on July 4,he said.
- Bob Bradley in New York Times
Once again, we gave up an early goal,Coach Bob Bradley said. "We put a lot into it to get back to 1-1. I felt at that point, we had a chance to finish the game. When you go down early in overtime, it's a case where you've put yourself in...
- John Calipari in 940 News
Overtime, they kind of beat us down,Calipari said. "I didn't sub a whole lot, because I was trying to win the game at the end."