overtly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r in an overt manner
he did it overtly
- It wasis arrogantly huge, overtly militaristic, openly scornful of the common good.
- Damon is terrific in the role--all-knowing, never overtly expressing a feeling.
- What's compelling about these acts is that they are not overtly focused on chart topping.
News & Articles
- Air Force Pulls ‘So God Created a First Sergeant’ YouTube Video Over ‘Christian Overtones’
TRENTON – A video tribute to first sergeants was recently removed from the YouTube channel of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey following complaints over the overtly Christian content in the production, reports state. The video was based on a poem written by Chaplain Douglas Hess and was written in the vein of a piece narrated [...]
June 11, 2013 - Christian News Network
- Amy Dickinson: Youngsters' move to heal rift upsets her
My husband has an unmarried sister with whom he has never gotten along. Over time the animosity toward him was transferred to me and our children. For 20 years she was overtly nasty to all of us, especially the children, causing them significant distress. Suffice it to say, she was never close to our family.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press