- n a person who directs and manages an organization
- The friends visited sporadically, until 1974, when the refuge's overseer reported that Christian had not been seen for more than nine months a sign that he had fully adapted to .
- In 1999 and 2004, with Goswami as the overseer, Patna had the two fairest elections it had seen in years.
- Neither Secretary of War Henry Stimson nor Leslie Groves, overseer of the vast atomic project, was in a particular hurry to get the new President's ear because they knew that all .
News & Articles
- Lawsky Targets $48 Billion Backed by Shadow Insurance
Regulators should halt approvals of life insurance deals that mask risk while watchdogs investigate past deals that allowed companies to shift liabilities, New York’s financial services overseer said in a report today.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Commissioner David Stern on the Future of the NBA
NBA Commissioner David Stern discusses his nearly 30-year tenure and the NBA’s future, Jason Collins, Magic Johnson’s HIV announcement, and blasts journalist Bryant Gumbel for calling him a “plantation overseer.
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back Ezekiel Straw, Manchester's man of enterprise
In July 1856, the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company in Manchester consolidated all of its operations under the management of a single overseer, called the Agent. This person was Ezekiel A. Straw.
June 11, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Bill Parcells in TIME
I think I probably will do it,Parcells said. "The job description is to be the football operations overseer. We still have a little work to do, but I don't think it's anything major. I don't expect any real deal-breaker. I don't think...
- Ted Haggard in Southern Voice
In a written statement, Haggard said: "I am voluntarily stepping aside from leadership so that the overseer process can be allowed to proceed with integrity. I hope to be able to discuss this matter in more detail at a later date. In the interim, I...
- Barack Obama in AFP
We can set up a system where there's an independent overseer, maybe the chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank and the Democrats and the Republicans each appoint somebody to oversee the system,Obama said.