overrefined : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v refine too much or with excess of subtlety
- s excessively delicate or refined
- Thirty years ago, the fashion among (mainly Marxist) art historians was to attribute this artificiality to social anxiety among the artists: how different was the overrefined .
- In their self-conscious striving, their purity is strikingly mannerist and overrefined.
- The tea-sipping pleasures of naughtiness in a village can seem overrefined in comparison with the beer, blood and brawling in big-city police procedurals.
News & Articles
- Mexican Spiced Apples
Tanteo Jalapeño Tequila recently launched in Texas. Made from 100 percent Blue Weber Agave, the tequila is infused to give it a kick without adding a sliced jalapeño to the drink, which can overpower other flavors the longer it sits. 1/4 ounce agave nectar (or simple syrup) Combine tequila, apple juice, agave nectar and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
Sept. 12, 2013 - San Antonio Express-News
- As India gang-rape trial draws to close, debate begins over what has changed
By Nita Bhalla NEW DELHI, Sept 8 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The serial rapist stalks her for days. Eventually he breaks into her home when she is alone and tries to rape her at knife-point. But she somehow manages to overpower and trap him. Now, she has to decide what to do. ...
Sept. 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Academy at the Lakes 52, Geneva Classical 6
LAND O LAKES | Academy at the Lakes utilized its size and seven seniors to overpower Geneva Classical 52-6 on a water-covered field Friday.
Sept. 7, 2013 - The Lakeland Ledger