- a with hand brought forward and down from above shoulder level
an overhand pitch
an overhand stroke
- s sewn together with overhand stitches (close vertical stitches that pass over and draw the two edges together)
- When he pitches overhand, it does not curve at all.
- After dipping into a deep windup, he cocks his right knee to his shoulder, rears back until the ball is almost touching the ground behind him and then, in a whipping overhand .
- Jim went to Seattle with an overhand fastball, a nickel curve, and simplistic notions about strategy: if the bases were loaded and the count was 3 and 2, he threw the next pitch .
- Bob Feller in USA Today
I was not much in awe,said Feller, the oldest living Hall player at 89. "I had good stuff that day. I threw that overhand high fastball out of the bleachers. We figured the National League hitters hadn't seen it."
- Shane Mosley in USA Today
He's so unpredictable. I tried to figure him out,Mosley said. "It wasn't that I was sluggish. I was watching out for his overhand rights, left hooks. He was a bit awkward. I was kind of hesitant. Maybe in the middle rounds, I kind of held...
- Brad Childress in Minneapolis Star Tribune
I always struggled with where his release came from,Childress said. "It's kind of a drop-down, three-quarter, not overhand, over the top release. Just in the tape I've watched [since] he's been in the league, he can make some of the...