overdue : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s past due; not paid at the scheduled time
an overdue installment
- But critics say the tougher scrutiny of Slim is long overdue.
- As the rage for modish wallpaper rolls on, the woman who started it all, Florence Broadhurst, is having an overdue revival.
- The Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library in Ontario was happy this summer when a book checked out during the War of 1812 was finally returned--193 years overdue.
News & Articles
- Fed bill would ban welfare for those who hit jackpot
Lottery winners who continue to cash in on food stamps are being targeted by the U.S. Senate in a crackdown being applauded by Bay State welfare fraud fighters who say the reform is long overdue. In Massachusetts, lottery winners are not reported to welfare officials. “It’s a fantastic move,” said Beth Bresnahan, spokeswoman for the Massachusetts State Lottery. “We need to make sure benefits are ...
June 16, 2013 - Boston Herald
- LeBron James Says 'Enough Is Enough,' Time to Win 2 Games in a Row
The only thing that has been consistent about the Miami Heat over their past 11 playoff games has been their inconsistency. And LeBron James , for one, is fed up with his team's up-and-down efforts. According to Brett Pollakoff of ProBasketballTalk , James sounded off on the Heat's seesaw string after practice on Saturday: I think it’s time. I think we’re well overdue where it’s time for us to ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Again: Please pass the budget
OK, everybody, that’s a wrap. Let’s end this thing. Pass the biennial operating budget. That becomes the weekly admonition. We are not privy to what is taking place behind the scenes, but we are overdue for an encouraging sign. Passing the budget is easier said than done, but really, how much time does a legislature need to do what a legislature inevitably must do? The heavy compromise part has ...
June 15, 2013 - The Wenatchee World