overbid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a bid that is higher than preceding bids
- n (bridge) a bid that is higher than your opponent's bid (especially when your partner has not bid at all and your bid exceeds the value of your hand)
- v to bid for more tricks than one can expect to win,
- v bid more than the object is worth
- This has led to speculation in the economics blogosphere that banks might game the program by conniving with investors to overbid for assets.
- This time her partner, a young man unacquainted with her past, overbid.
- He returned quietly to Berlin last week from a tour of the Balkans on which he notably overbid the British and French in extending creditsi.
News & Articles
- Sound Off: How do I avoid asking too much for my home?
Sound Off: How do I avoid asking too much for my home? In a market where multiple offers have become commonplace, some sellers worry about overpricing their properties, while others think they can ask for any price and it will get overbid. The reason for this is because we have many qualified and eager buyers looking for homes but not enough sellers with property on the market to satisfy demand ...
July 6, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Richard Branson in Times Online
I don't consider that I have overbid for Corus. We have paid more that what we initially wanted to pay - that we offered in October. And that would have been the price at which we took Corus. Then we had a competitor who came in and between him and... Ratan Tata http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratan_Tata&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHC8oEc92Ia55YsQO3aSaeCYJXuxQ CNN-IBN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ibnlive.com/news/i-am-not-a-gambler-ratan-tata/32639-7.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF1YaapXmIcGjptTcO4lZtX05eD9Q Feb 2, 2007
70884 95047 overbid Sir Richard said: We want to be sure there are no deals done behind closed doors. The people that bid for this rail franchise knew the risks and, if they overbid, that is their mistake. If they get into difficulty, the franchise should be put up...