- a purchasable without a doctor's prescription
an over-the-counter cold remedy
- s (of securities) not traded on a stock exchange
- Why did the committee recommend eliminating acetaminophen-containing prescription drugs but not over-the-counter products? The members based their decision on the studies and data .
- Food and Drug Administration may have ended a three-year health-policy dispute when it approved the "morning-after pill," Plan B, for over-the-counter sale yesterday.
- The nation's lively, loosely organized over-the-counter market is the only showcase for the securities of many companies that do not want or do not rate listing on the New York or .