ovation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n enthusiastic recognition (especially one accompanied by loud applause)
- A teenager in the audience drew a standing ovation when he asked the former Delaware Governor whether he agreed that AIDS was a sign from God that homosexuality is an "abomination.
- The audience leaps to a standing ovation well before he takes a deep breath and kills the famous coda.
- The audience exploded into a minute-long standing ovation.
- LeBron James in New York Daily News
I've dreamed about playing well in this building,James said after his fifth career 50-point game. "To get a standing ovation in the greatest basketball arena in the world, it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me."
- Tim Tebow in Dayton Daily News
It was one of the loudest rounds of ovation and applause that I have been a part of in my entire life,Tebow said Monday. "The team, the players clapped probably for three or four minutes and didn't stop. You could see coach Addazio getting...
- Ivan Rodriguez in USA Today
It was awesome,Rodriguez said after the game. "What happened today out there was unbelievable. A standing ovation my first time up, it was awesome. I got some goose bumps when that happened. The video that they did in the third inning was...