outwardly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with respect to the outside
outwardly, the figure is smooth
- r in outward appearance
outwardly, she appeared composed
- This large stage leaves Krawcheck outwardly undaunted.
- For while outwardly they may profess joy in the spirit of athletic competition, inwardly they all desire the same thing: a hunk of metal around their neck.
- Every sensitive outcast's nightmare comes true as those infected become as outwardly repulsive and rejectable as they feel inside.
News & Articles
- In an Era of 'Interconnected Issues,' U.S. Works on Relationship With China
Watch Video | Listen to the Audio GWEN IFILL: Now to the U.S. relationship with China and a look at what was and wasn't accomplished at the weekend summit between President Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping. Jeffrey Brown reports. JEFFREY BROWN: Outwardly, at least, there was an air of California casual at the two-day summit in Palm Springs between Presidents Obama and Xi. At one point on ...
June 11, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- The Prey ( 2011 )
The most popular movies among NYTimes.com readers. A convicted bank robber breaks out of prison to protect his family after confiding sensitive information to an outwardly friendly cellmate, only to realize he's actually a madman who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
June 6, 2013 - New York Times
- Erik Spoelstra vs. Gregg Popovich: How NBA Finals Generals Stack Up
Outwardly, it’s the NBA 's version of the Odd Couple. Gregg Popovich and Erik Spoelstra , at least by eye and ear, couldn ’t be any more different. Popovich charms with his fear-provoking wit, and guides his team on the pulpit of nearly two decades of success. Spoelstra is 22 years younger, still gels all of that dark hair, and he's steering a look-what-I-found dynasty awarded to him by Pat ...
June 6, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Derek Fisher in SI.com
Outwardly she's doing great. Her spirits are good,Fisher said of Tatum.
- Jeff Fisher in FOXSports.com
It's not the first time he's been frustrated or he's shown frustration outwardly on the sideline,Fisher said. "But he tends to bounce back. He was not happy after the first interception, and he clearly should not have thrown that ball. He...
- Steve Stricker in SportingNews.com
I never showed my anger a lot outwardly,Stricker said. "But I wasn't giving myself any breaks, and I really wasn't that confident during those times."