outward : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to physical reality rather than with thoughts or the mind
a concern with outward beauty rather than with inward reflections
- s that is going out or leaving
an outward journey
- r toward the outside
move the needle further outward!
- The most outward-looking generation in Chinese history is also turning out to be one of its most fiercely nationalistic full story The Ranks of Revolutionaries.
- Still, her hair is the catalyst for a conversation that begins with style but quickly transcends outward appearance and ultimately transcends Michelle herself a symbol for .
- It would provide friendly basing not just for the outward projection of American power but also for the outward projection of democratic and modernizing ideas, which is why the .
News & Articles
- Leadership grace, Part 2
“Grace must find expression in life, otherwise it is not grace”, are words of wisdom by Karl Barth. With our divine quiet grace, it shines like an outward beacon. The 3 Cs are outward manifest-ations of inward grace: care, compas-sion, confi-dence. Confi-dence is one of the elements that draw followers to great leaders. Warning: confidence is not arrogance. Care and compassion are grace ...
June 11, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- A changing view of problem gambling
Problem gambling has often been described as a 'hidden addiction.' It doesn't have the outward signs that are observed with other addictions like alcohol or drugs. It also hasn't received the same attention as those addictive behaviors.
June 11, 2013 - Green Bay Press-Gazette
- Choi grabs one-stroke lead at LPGA Championship
(Reuters) - South Korean Chella Choi used a blistering front nine to shoot a five-under-par 67 for a one-stroke lead after Friday's first round of the rain-delayed LPGA Championship at Locust Hill outside Rochester, New York. Choi, seeking her maiden LPGA Tour win, had five birdies on her outward half and offset a birdie at the 10th with a bogey at 13 for a one-shot edge over compatriot Shin Ji ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Sherri Steinhauer in San Jose Mercury News
It was very calm on the outward holes and not very difficult,said Steinhauer, who picked up two shots on the outward nine, including a 50-foot birdie putt at the sixth. "I wish I could have taken a little more advantage."
- Hu Jintao in Kansas City Star
Officials should "perform well the task of outward propaganda, further exhibit and raise up the nation's good image," Hu said.
- Mark Regev in Jerusalem Post
There will be no new settlement construction, and there will be no outward expansion of existing settlements,Regev said.