- n a stabilizer for a canoe; spars attach to a shaped log or float parallel to the hull
- As fast as the Hawaiians could build high-rise hotels and outrigger canoes, the tide of tourists rose to fill them.
- Jenkins' 1973 Chevrolet Vega does not look much different from the one that Mom drives to the supermarket, except for the hood-mounted air scoop and an outrigger in back to keep .
- Perched in his outrigger canoe, off the northern Papua New Guinea island of New Ireland, the 60-year-old gazes into the deep water, chanting ancient songs and shaking a coconut .
News & Articles
- PBN: Outrigger purchases island resort in Indian Ocean
Hawaii hotel giant Outrigger Enterprises is continuing its expansion worldwide. Pacific Business News says Outrigger just finished buying a resort on an island in the Indian Ocean for its 11th international purchase. Outrigger still operates more than 6,000 rooms in Hawaii. It started with a single Waikiki hotel in 1947 and hasn't stopped since. PBN quotes Outrigger CEO David Carey as saying ...
June 15, 2013 - KITV Honolulu
- Moku O Hawaii goes to Hilo
It’s been an early run of unbeatable dominance for 22 crews in the Moku O Hawaii Outrigger Canoe Racing Association season, which returns to Hilo Bay’s vibrant brown sand and similar-colored water for six straight races. Aunty Maile Mauhili’s Kailana regatta will play host to the powerful paddling display of Kai Opua, which has seven undefeated crews and is the reigning six-time Division A (21 ...
June 15, 2013 - West Hawaii Today
- In an outrigger canoe, you're true to your crew
The Seattle Outrigger Canoe Club is one of several in the Pacific Northwest that paddles in six-person, 400-pound boats with a traditional outrigger or "ama" floating on the side for stability.
June 14, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Lyor Cohen in PR Newswire (press release)
Cohen added, "Mike Henry and the team at Outrigger have done an outstanding job representing WMG and its artists and we look forward to working with Outrigger in a different capacity on new and targeted marketing programs."
- Terry Leahy in Business Wire (press release)
We're pleased to have Outrigger as the manager of the hotel and look forward to a successful project backed by Outrigger's exemplary reputation and expertise, global strategy, cutting edge technology and proven customer service,said Sir Terry...
- JEAN-MICHEL COUSTEAU in TravelVideo.tv (press release)
We are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with the leadership of Outrigger Hotels and Resorts and to say that we are all committed to being partners in protection,said Jean-Michel Cousteau, board trustee of the National Marine Sanctuary...