outlying : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s relatively far from a center or middle
- Barns and trees can be surmounted with more vigorous leaps, usually requiring a light second push-up with the tip of the toe on the barn's roof or on the tree's outlying branches.
- A massive wildfire tore through outlying Athenian suburbs, destroying homes and forcing thousands to flee in dramatic overnight evacuations.
- Traffic on the nation's three helicopter airlines in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York, which shuttle passengers from one airport to another and from outlying airports to downtown .
News & Articles
- Rants & Raves
NOW THAT Augusta-Richmond County has forced the garbage pickup on residents in outlying areas, what happens to all the little guys that have been taking care of this for many residents for decades?
June 11, 2013 - The Augusta Chronicle
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
Have you read the Hunger Games? Or seen the movie? Just in case you are one of the few people who don't know, it takes place in an apocalyptic North America consisting of a shining Capitol and twelve outlying districts, some better than others.
June 9, 2013 - The Chattanoogan
- Tension over school security funding remains at boiling point
With the Allegany County Board of Education facing a deadline for a final vote on its fiscal 2014 budget, tensions boiled over Friday between its members and the county commission concerning funding for the addition of security officers in outlying schools when they open in August.
June 9, 2013 - Cumberland Times-News