otitis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n inflammation of the ear
- A common aeronautical affliction is "aero-otitis media.
- The possibility of the production of sinusitis and otitis media secondary to irritation by chloroacetophenone commonest tear gas is not at all fantastic.
- The commonest causes of deafness (besides old age) are 1) inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), usually due to a head cold; and 2) a bony growth in the middle ear .
News & Articles
- iPhones for ear infections
BACKGROUND: An ear infection (acute otitis media) is most often a bacterial or viral infection that affects the middle ear; the air-filled space behind the eardrum that contains the tiny vibrating bones of the ear. The infection often results from another illness -- cold, flu, or allergy -- that causes congestion and swelling of the nasal passages, throat, and Eustachian tubes. Children are ...
July 4, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Jason Lezak in USA Today
Otitis externa is the same thing as swimmer's ear,says Lezak, who currently holds the fastest 100 meter freestyle time in the world this year. "Unfortunately, I've experienced far too many bouts with swimmer's ear. It is painful and...