- n the condition of being a child without living parents
his early orphanage shaped his character as an adult
- n a public institution for the care of orphans
- Before he was whisked off to celebrity fame, Pax Thien was just another abandoned child in a state orphanage.
- Still, the orphanage staff prepared him as best they could: They packed a small box with two sets of clothes for him to take, and his favorite toys, especially a small plastic piano.
- Gingrich's orphanage proposal, however, seems punitive -- not to mention odd, coming from a man who was born to a 16-year-old mother eight months after she left his abusive father.
News & Articles
- 'The Impossible' Director Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
By Tim Kenneally LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Juan Antonio Bayona, director of "The Orphanage" and "The Impossible," has been tapped to direct the first two episodes of "Penny Dreadful," the Sam Mendes-produced drama series coming to Showtime. The eight-episode series, which re-teams Mendes with "Skyfall" writer John Logan - who created, wrote and is executive producing the series - is billed as ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Tellurex Sends tPOD1™ to Light Up Orphanage in Uganda
80 homes at the Christian Life Orphanage in Seeta, Uganda to benefit from tPOD1™ personal power generators. Tellurex Corporation's tPOD1s to safely light up rooms at a lower cost than traditional kerosene lanterns. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10837852.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Juan Antonio Bayona to Direct Showtime's 'Penny Dreadful'
The two-time Goya Award-winning helmer behind "The Orphanage" and "The Impossible" will direct the first two episodes of the monster drama. read more
June 18, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Tom Vilsack in FOXNews
I began life in an orphanage in the hands of a stranger. I was adopted into a loving but troubled home,Vilsack said. "I know what it is like to feel alone and to feel as if you do not belong."
- Jessica Simpson in Times of India
The first time I went to that orphanage I was 16. I remember holding this baby who was found in a dumpster. I wanted to adopt him right away and wanted to have them before I had my own kids,Simpson told a magazine.
- Ricky Martin in Malaysia Star
That was a big slap in the face,Martin says. "I thought I had seen it all _ and I met a hundred girls in this orphanage and some of them had been forced into prostitution or pornography. I started educating myself and the more I knew the...