- n a zoologist who studies birds
- True, the onetime ornithologist and the former physicist had created a plausible model for the structure of DNA that morning.
- And Winged Migration turned every moviegoer into an awestruck ornithologist.
- James Fisher, 58, British ornithologist and conservationist; of injuries received in an auto accident; in London.
News & Articles
- Animal CSI: Inside The Smithsonian's Feather Forensics Lab
A keen eye and extensive knowledge of feathers allows forensic ornithologist Carla Dove (yes, that's her name) figure out from feather and bone fragments which type of bird crashed into a plane or was eaten by a snake. But the expertise has an uncertain future.
June 19, 2013 - NPR
- Wild Side : Wildlife biologists tag willets to learn their habits
Perhaps 75 yards away, Luanne Johnson of BiodiversityWorks and Joe Smith, an ornithologist from New Jersey, sheer off from a loose sand jeep trail and start up the slope of the back dunes along East Beach, Chappaquiddick.
June 19, 2013 - The Martha's Vineyard Times
- ‘Bird Talk’ radio program to feature SFA grad
Stephen F. Austin State University alumnus Cliff Shackelford will be broadcast on live radio Thursday to talk turkey with listeners throughout the Piney Woods. Shackelford, the current Texas Parks and Wildlife non-game ornithologist, will be featured on Red River Radio’s original call-in series “Bird Talk” at 6 p.m. on KDAQ 89.9 FM. Feather-fancying listeners are encouraged to call in their ...
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Randal Keynes in guardian.co.uk
This is a world first,said Randal Keynes, one of Darwin's great great grandsons, who explains that this is the first time that the six varieties have been brought together since the publication. "If you gave them to an expert ornithologist...
- Edwyn Collins in Independent
Collins, who has drawn 1,000 pictures since leaving hospital, says birds were his first passion before music, adding: "I can't remember not being interested in birds. I was an official Young Ornithologist and I could identify every British bird on...