orneriness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n meanspirited disagreeable contrariness
- Partly, it was pure orneriness.
- He brings some of that chip-on-shoulder orneriness to Moon at times you wonder how Sam aced the screening process and got the job and to the second Sam, a Top Gun-type who .
- I couldn't address a priest except as Father, leaving all my usual orneriness aside, when I saw the collar.
News & Articles
- Steve Cuozzo's Flaccid Citi Bike Takedown Has Us Worried
Steve Cuozzo's review of Citi Bike is advertised on the Post's website as "the column you gearhead loons have been waiting for," and usually Cuozzo doesn't disappoint. His bike-related columns are cold showers of ignorance and orneriness: bracing and invigorating when used sporadically. But his personal account of bike share is all downhill after he drops the phrase "Citibank marketing sluts" in ...
June 23, 2013 - Gothamist
- Jim Calhoun in Connecticut Post
I think they're much tougher,Calhoun said. "You're being rewarded for tough plays a lot more. Obviously, I thought a great deal about last season and I didn't think we had quite the swagger and quite the orneriness that we needed to...
- Wayne Shorter in Detroit Metro Times
This band is actually the cream of the crop,Shorter says. "Everybody's a gentleman. There's no orneriness. This group has the knowledge of the evolution of [musical] things without talking about it. When they start playing and start doing...
- Bruce Weber in WCNC (subscription)
He gives us an orneriness that this team needs,Illini coach Bruce Weber said.