ornate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s marked by elaborate rhetoric and elaborated with decorative details
ornate rhetoric taught out of the rule of Plato"-John Milton
- In an ornate palace overlooking surprisingly modern Kuala Lumpur, the nine hereditary sultans of the federated Malayan states met fortnight ago to hold a thoroughly modern election.
- In 1920 thousands of gullibles had a more ornate picture of him.
- One man was missing as the Yugoslav Central Committee met last week in Belgrade's ornate, 19th century Parliament Hall.
News & Articles
- Ontario designates Euclid Avenue Local Historic District
ONTARIO -- Rock curbs, ornate iron light fixtures and front yard open spaces are all distinct features that embody Euclid Avenue today. Photo Gallery: Euclid Avenue
June 12, 2013 - Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
- Scarlett Johansson Wore Head-to-Toe Saint Laurent
At the 2013 Tonys last night held at Radio City Music Hall, the actress — who was denied a nomination for her performance in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof —appeared instead to present an award. Instead of dolling up in an ornate, flashy gown, Johansson walked the red carpet in ... More »
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Video, photos: Historic beauty might go to waste
The ornate white marble staircase flows down to a lobby dividing two spacious parlors that at one time were rich with art. It is a magnificent emblem of one of South Dakota's finer ideas. The Mead Building is being restored, but other century-old buildings on Yankton's Human Services campus are in peril.
June 9, 2013 - The Argus Leader
- Gilbert Cates in WSBtv.com
I wanted to celebrate the movies and to include great movie houses and screens,said Cates. "So Roy went back to the classic ornate movie houses for his inspiration, which, I think, is superbly reflected in the final design."
- Zbigniew Brzezinski in International Herald Tribune
I think there must have been peals of delirious laughter echoing around the ornate chambers of the Kremlin when the invitation to go to Kennebunkport arrived,said Zbigniew Brzezinski, who was national security adviser to President Jimmy...
- Gerta Keller in FOXNews
Before the mass extinction, most of the foraminifera species were comparatively large, very flamboyant, very specialized, very ornate, with many chambers,Keller explained.