- n an inspiring symbol or ideal that serves as a rallying point in a struggle
- n a red or orange-red flag used as a standard by early French kings
- As London topers know, these lines are the doggerel oriflamme of that immemorial public house, "Finch's in the Strand.
- Every few moments the guests sprang up, raised brimming glasses toward the white oriflamme of the Admiral's forked beard, and downed a deep health to the man whose famed policy of .
- His white hands and fuzzy platinum hair gleaming like an oriflamme, he led the youths through a spirited charge on Bach.