organ-grinder : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a street musician who plays a hand organ or hurdy-gurdy
- Meatiest character, of course, is arrogant old Monetti, a role which Robinson plays (Italian accent, organ-grinder mustache and all) with bravura and obvious relish.
- He went to a pet shop and procured "a nasty-tempered fugitive from an organ-grinder's beat," though in his columns Fowler called the monkey "Ponce de Leon.
- The youth crowned like a king gazes through the thick black mullions of a window into a vision outside, of a blind organ-grinder making celestial music for a choir of angels.
- Jeff Kennett in NEWS.com.au
ATTORNEY-GENERAL Rob Hulls labelled former Liberal premier Jeff Kennett the "organ-grinder pulling the strings of Ted Baillieu" after Mr Kennett said he was assisting Mr Baillieu in the campaign.