oregano : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n aromatic Eurasian perennial
- n pungent leaves used as seasoning with meats and fowl and in stews and soups and omelets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Directions: 1.
- 1 tsp oregano Salt to taste cup white vinegar .
- The baby lamb chops with a touch of thyme and oregano were divine.
News & Articles
- Fish roasted on a bed of tomatoes and potatoes
Serves 4 One-pot meals are low maintenance, easy to clean up, and offer lots of great flavors in one vessel. You can make something stewy on top of the stove, or layer everything in a handsome baking dish and use the oven. Here, haddock or cod is roasted with tomatoes, onions, and potatoes tossed with olive oil, oregano, and herbs. ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Summer tomato salad with fresh oregano
Serves 6 Make the most of native tomatoes with this simple summer dish. If you don't grow your own, farmers' markets are selling heirloom varieties, including brandywine, green zebra, and carbon. Cut them into all different shapes. Arrange on a large platter, sprinkle with a white wine vinaigrette and garnish with fresh oregano — or another herb you have on ...
June 7, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Kelly Clarkson in Post Chronicle
Kelly said in an interview with USA Weekend magazine: "I have eaten a marijuana cookie. It was in Amsterdam. It is legal there, and it is not legal in America. I don't ever do anything illegal at home. Since then I have been oregano-free! I have...
- Sam Mitchell in Canoe.ca
Our resident witch doctor,Mitchell said of Mullin. "Rory gives you oregano for everything. When you got a cold, Rory gives you oregano. When you have a stomach ache, he gives you oregano. So we told Rory to go rub some oregano on (Bosh's...