ore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a mineral that contains metal that is valuable enough to be mined
- n a monetary subunit in Denmark and Norway and Sweden; 100 ore equal 1 krona
- From ore bodies of such richness in northwestern Canada the refining plant is able to extract one gram of commercially pure radium from 550 tons of mined ore.
- Iron ore then accounted for 75% of Vale's revenues, and Agnelli's first move was to consolidate domestically, by selling off peripheral holdings in paper and forestry (Agnelli's .
- But before McArthur River came online in 1999, it had never been used to mine ore.
News & Articles
- 2 Ore. men sentenced in Seattle man's death
MADRAS, Ore. (AP) — Two central Oregon men have each been sentenced to 24 years in prison for the beating death of a Seattle fisherman whose body was found in May 2012 near Warm Springs, Ore. KTVZ-TV reports (http://is.gd/76jWo2 ) that Circuit Judge Annette Hillman imposed the sentences Tuesday on 24-year-old Steven Neal Anderson Jr. and 32-year-old James Ryan Johnson in the killing of Dennis ...
June 12, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Ore. Senate votes down maximum tow rates bill
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The Oregon Senate voted down a bill that would have required cities with a population of at least 15,000 to set maximum rates for vehicles towed without the owner's permission.
June 11, 2013 - KTVZ Bend
- Ore.: woman says man tried to take her son, 5
MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) — Medford, Ore., police say a man accused of trying to grab a 5-year-old boy away from his mother has been arrested.
June 11, 2013 - KTVZ Bend
- Wayne Swan in Myall Coast Nota
The ACCC's inquiries indicated that the merged firm would be unlikely to limit its supply of iron ore given the uncertainty it would face in relation to the profitability of this strategy and the risk that limiting supply would encourage expansions... Graeme Samuel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_Samuel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHP9jiEKEHQe1Vx0XU9NML_ABkPsQ Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/euRegulatoryNews/idUSSYD22624720081001&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEAV7M553Z7Nqtt0tGVKTU2a7pgug Sep 30, 2008
70152 94124 ore Associated with that is a once-in-a-generation commodities boom that has seen our terms of trade hit a 50 year high," Mr Swan said. "The recent contract prices for coal and iron ore suggest there is much more to come, so our terms of trade...
- Lakshmi Mittal in International Herald Tribune
Once completed, the Faleme project will prove to be an important and competitive source of iron ore supplies for our European plants,Arcelor Mittal Chief Executive Lakshmi Mittal said.