- n the quality of being commonplace and ordinary
- In fact, his manner and his voice were basic to his success, creating an illusion of ordinariness.
- Damon uses the ordinariness of his appearance to help make Bourne invisible to his enemies, a working-class hero to the audience.
- It is one that pits young men, keen to attempt mass murder, using surprise high technology and the camouflage of ordinariness, against a giant, imperfect machinery of surveillance .
News & Articles
- Kirby: No-frill Mormon chapels force focus on pulpit
Driving through Cardston, Alberta, a couple of months ago, my wife commented on the number of LDS chapels in the city. Cardston looked just like Provo but with more cows. If you spend a lot of time in them, Mormon churches are easy to recognize on the road. They’re the ones that look like someone put a steeple on an elementary school or insurance office. The ordinariness is intentional. Mormon ...
Sept. 5, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- The IRS puts its bureaucratic stamp on same-sex marriage
Call it the affirmation of normalcy. Epic Supreme Court decisions, citizen referendums and initiatives, and legislative action in state capitols and the U.S. Congress can launch dramatic social change. Other events serve as welcome milestones of ordinariness and acceptance. One sure sign of tw
Sept. 3, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Ben Brantley in Reuters
Like many beloved film actors Mr. Radcliffe has an air of heightened ordinariness, of the everyday lad who snags your attention with an extra, possibly dangerous gleam of intensity,wrote Brantley, adding his "Alsatian-blue gaze" helped his...
- Robert Jay Lifton in CNN International
In order to carry out the function of killing, one must instill in that environment a sense of ordinariness,said Lifton.
- John Doyle in San Diego Union Tribune
After reading to Page 10,said Doyle, "I called Harvey from London and said I want to do this. It's a drama with songs almost like Clifford Odets or Arthur Miller. The script is about ordinariness and I have a real understanding of what...