optional : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a possible but not necessary; left to personal choice
- Granted many of the SAT-optional schools sit on utopian campuses in liberal New England villages.
- I resent that! so MG offered an optional high-performance engine with dual overhead cams, thus the "twin cam.
- But while it is optional in the bill adopted by the Texas senate, the death penalty remains mandatory for a second offense in the House version.
- David Petraeus in AFP
On this important endeavour, co-operation is not optional,Petraeus added.
- Terry Francona in 940 News
We'll take a step back tomorrow and have an optional workout,Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. "We tried to do our homework on what to expect from travel. We're not going to talk ourselves into being tired and will do what we need to do...