opposable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a capable of being placed opposite to something
the thumb is opposable to the forefinger
- In order to create that arch, the chimp's opposable great toe became aligned with the others, and the toe's muscles and ligaments, which had been used for grasping and climbing .
- That's because more than logic, morals and opposable thumbs, irony is the pass-card into the human family.
- The consequence: a whole new appreciation for the virtues of the opposable thumb.
News & Articles
- Snapcat: Because cats like selfies too?
(Credit: Snapcat) "O brave new world, that has such felines in it!" Does your cat feel that a lack of opposable thumbs is seriously hindering its ability to be beautiful on the Internet? Never fear; Snapcat is here! The Android app is designed to let cats snap photos of themselves with their own paws. Following the principle of cats' fascination with laser pointers, it shows a dancing dot on ...
June 19, 2013 - CNET
- John Coltrane in Anchorage Daily News (registration)
Sometimes people call and tell us a moose is eating at their trash because they don't realize they're being negligent,Coltrane said. "It's a major problem, and it's really easy to keep a moose out of your trash. They don't have opposable...
- Luc Frieden in Bloomberg
Frieden said he supported a May 27 finding by the nation's financial regulator that the UBS unit "shall have to indemnify a UCI depositor according to its obligations as a Luxembourg depositary bank, subject to valid and opposable contractual...