- a suitable or at a time that is suitable or advantageous especially for a particular purpose
an opportune place to make camp
an opportune arrival
- His beatification was repeatedly postponed, most recently in the 1980s, when churchmen apparently deemed it not to be "opportune.
- The program is now operating at a very accelerated, but steady, cruising speed, and I think it is an opportune time for a transition both for the broadcast and for me.
- There could hardly be a more opportune time for the country to be giving Gore another look, given that the man who edged past him in Florida is at his all-time low in the polls.
News & Articles
- Patrick Kane wins Conn Smythe Trophy
Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs following Monday night's comeback victory. Kane had a tumultuous relationship with the 2013 playoffs as he struggled to consistently produce over the course of the run. He did contribute at the most opportune times, however, as the scorer helped close out the Los ...
June 25, 2013 - SB Nation
- Rays-Yankees Preview
With the New York Yankees showing signs of breaking out of their monthlong offensive slump, Ivan Nova might be making his return at an opportune time.
June 22, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- PLYMOUTH BOARD OF SELECTMEN: Pilgrim leadership makes appearance at Town Hall
It seemed an opportune moment. With the metaphorical bridge between the town and the Nuclear Regulatory Committee still smoldering in the background, Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station representative David Tarantino stepped to the rostrum during the public comment section of Tuesday’s selectmen’s meeting and made a surprise announcement.
June 22, 2013 - Old Colony Memorial & Plymouth Bulletin
- Charles Gibson in Los Angeles Times
In an e-mail to his staff, Gibson said "I love this news department, and all who work in it, to the depths of my soul. . . . The program is now operating at a very accelerated, but steady, cruising speed, and I think it is an opportune time for a...
- President Bush in Wall Street Journal
I'm a strong advocate for free trade,Mr. Bush said to reporters after a Monday meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. "And this summit comes at an opportune time to reaffirm the benefits of the trading arrangements between...
- AJ Hinch in Windsor Star
They took the lead at the most opportune time for them, because Max was done, and they had their two big boys ready to finish it off,Hinch said.