opaqueness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n incomprehensibility resulting from obscurity of meaning
- n the quality of being opaque to a degree; the degree to which something reduces the passage of light
- Still, some viewers are confused by the film's veering into opaqueness toward the end.
- Asked Attlee with patient opaqueness: "Has he forgotten that Australia, New Zealand and the Scandinavian countries have had socialist governments for years, to the great benefit of .
- Soon the boat was enveloped in the vast, protective opaqueness of the deep.
News & Articles
- What Are The Limits Of Transparency?
Modern business theorists hail the open organization, but secrets between employers and employees are sometimes a good thing. Jim Heskett discusses the balance between transparency and opaqueness.
July 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Newsweek
Let us rebuild capitalism in which credit agencies are controlled and punished when necessary, where transparency ...... replaces opaqueness,Sarkozy said at Tuesday's meeting. "We can do this on one condition, that we all work together in...
- Robert Gates in Bloomberg
The US is "concerned about the opaqueness of Beijing's military spending and modernization programs," Gates said.
- Henry Kaufman in Reuters
We probably are at least halfway through and perhaps a little bit more, maybe 60 percent, but the 40 percent is still of substantial magnitude and there is still significant opaqueness where those weak assets fully reside,Kaufman said in a...