onomatopoeia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n using words that imitate the sound they denote
- One remarkable piece appears to be a superhero story, but all the words, including the onomatopoeia, read together as a short memoir of the author's childhood.
- The only words that appear are a few onomatopoeia such as "ring," "poff" and "boom.
- Using an overhead projector, an assistant switched transparencies made from Hart's book, "The Collected Hutch Owen," while Hart read the dialogue and even such onomatopoeia as .
News & Articles
- Infamous: Second Son trailer features gameplay, onomatopoeia
The best part of this Infamous: Second Son trailer is how it starts with developers at Sucker Punch using their words and showing off animations, but then descends into boys just making sounds. It finishes strong with a nice close-up of a dive-bomb mechanic. Infamous: Second Son trailer features gameplay, onomatopoeia originally appeared on Joystiq on Thu, 01 Aug 2013 13:00:00 EST. Please see ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - Joystiq
- Carl Reiner in Sun-Sentinel.com
The words tumble so fast, enwrapped in alliteration, clogged with onomatopoeia, choked with assonance, bursting with bombast, snarled with metaphor, tangled with simile, submerged in verbiage that the bombarded audience (and reviewer at a critics'... Mel Gussow http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gussow&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFC9Jol23h1OTLO_wrQX00RSCweuA New York Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/01/arts/01gussow.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGzquBiccFCf80DiKyH4yD_uusxNA Apr 30, 2005
69739 93203 onomatopoeic Think of the words that have crept into the language - nebbish, schlumpy - there's an onomatopoeic silliness to them," Reiner said.