- n the bulb of an onion plant
- n bulbous plant having hollow leaves cultivated worldwide for its rounded edible bulb
- n an aromatic flavorful vegetable
- Jews are the world's biggest consumers of onions and there are more Jews in New York City than anywhere else in the world.
- In the world of commodity markets, where millions of eggs are traded every day, few traders had time for onions.
- Russia's newest medical weapons against wound bacteria are among its oldestonions and garlic.
News & Articles
- Grand Avenue's Wild Onion sidewalk and patio booze sales OK'd
The Buttered Tin, a new Lowertown restaurant and bakery, soon will be serving food, beer and wine in a sidewalk seating area. The Wild Onion on Grand Avenue will do the same this week on its patio and ultimately its sidewalk, but with 11 added conditions.
June 27, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- USA's 'Beach Law' response to The Onion's poke at its programming slate
The Onion recently did an amusing send up of USA's slate of original programming, making a fake entertainment news blurb announcing the renewal of "all 90 of its current sun-soaked shows about spies or lawyers or something." Video below.The shows that are renewed include "Burn Notice," "White Collar," "Royal Suits," "Burn Collar," "Legal Roughness," "Covert Affairs," "Suits," "Legal Tender ...
June 26, 2013 - Zap2It
- Local onion harvest remains strong despite challenges
LAS CRUCES — It's onion picking season. About half of the state's onion crop has been harvested so far.
June 25, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Antonio Villaraigosa in WBT
It was a very, very difficult operation,Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said. "It was like peeling an onion to find all the victims there." "This situation, particularly early on, with people inside the train, with the injuries, and with...
- David Chase in FOXNews
There WAS a war going on that week, and attempted terror attacks in London,says Chase. "But these people were talking about onion rings."