- a of or relating to or supporting or characteristic of an oligarchy
- The landmark decision puts a cap on an era of corruption and oligarchical politics that had gripped the country throughout the 1980's.
- But ornithological and oligarchical verities apart, little else of the old order is immune from the spirit of regeneration that has engulfed the state.
- The offer seemed irresistibleto everyone except Yardley's oligarchical Gardner family, which bought out the Yardley's in 1883, carefully kept a ruling majority of the voting .
News & Articles
- Patton Oswalt’s First Paid Stand-Up Gig, And He Talks About Airplane Food? (Video)
Patton Oswalt, age 19. (YouTube) A young Patton Oswalt, pre- King of Queens (and later career shift into being the King of Nerds), was just a hustling stand-up comic, trying to make his way as a 19-year-old performing in a comedy video hosted by your student loan company. No seriously. Not Sallie Mae, or anything as specific as that. Just a vaguely threatening, overarching oligarchical entitty ...
July 15, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Rafael Correa in CounterPunch
Speaking on his weekly radio show, Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa said that "oligarchical and separatist" Bolivians were trying to destabilize the Morales government.
- Wolfhart Pannenberg in Opinion Editorials
As theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg writes, "This means ipso facto, by the very existence of the church and in the living of its liturgical life, a challenging of the claims of every political and judicial order, whether monarchical, oligarchical, or...