- n a self-luminous diode (it glows when an electrical field is applied to the electrodes) that does not require backlighting or diffusers
News & Articles
- ZEISS Brings Most Complete Immersive Experience to Gaming at E3 Expo
LOS ANGELES , June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Carl Zeiss , the world's leader in optics and opto-electronics, today announced NVIDIA® 3DTV Play™ compatibility and a headtracker gaming accessory for its cinemizer® OLED (organic light-emitting diode) multimedia video glasses that allows gamers to explore in an immersive environment through simple head movements, with no compromise whatsoever to ...
June 11, 2013 - Linux
- LG shows off a production model 55-inch curved OLED TV, starts shipping soon
LG announced in April that it's bringing a 55-inch curved OLED HDTV to market , and it appears that time is almost here. According to the machine translated press release, shipments of the 15 million won ($13,500) display will start in a few days. Plant staff are pictured around one of the first mass produced 55EA9800 TVs, which weigh just 17kg and have a carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP ...
June 9, 2013 - Engadget
- Better screens made of organic light diodes: OLED brings out the shine
Screens made of organic light diodes promise unfathomable possibilities. Yet high production costs often prevent their widespread use. A new kind of production saves not only costs, but also improves the radiance of the OLED.
June 7, 2013 - Science Daily
- Gildas in Business Wire (press release)
Novaled, with its Novaled PIN OLEDâ„¢ technology, is a leader in high efficiency OLED devices and a recognized supplier of specialised dopants and organic transport materials, says Gildas Sorin, CEO of Novaled. "We are pleased to contribute...
- Howard Stringer in Slippery Brick
When you look at OLED, your impulse is to say 'wow'. We need that reaction from people at Sony : it'sa statement of confidence, that there is a path to somewhere else,said Howard Stringer at a Sony vision seminar held in Tokyo.