old-time : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s attractively old-fashioned (but not necessarily authentic)
a vaulted roof supporting old-time chimney pots
- When an oldtime singer sang that old-time song last week, Manhattan forgot for an instant its tap-dancing tunes and wallowed in a sentiment marvelous to behold.
News & Articles
- Bluegrass student earns recognition
A faculty member of the Bluegrass, Old-Time and Country Music department declared April 13, 2011 John Goad Awareness Day.
June 16, 2013 - East Tennessean
- Ugly Valley Boys making sweet old-time music
Ugly Valley Boys making sweet old-time music by Stephen Speckman Special To The Tribune Published Jun 12, 2013 07:31PM MDT Ryan Eastlyn and Braxton Brandenburg never intended to form a band or cut a record, let alone play live shows. In fact, Brandenburg didn’t play a musical instrument when the two met six years ago. But Eastlyn, 39, and Brandenburg, 33, who at times look as if they just ...
June 13, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Roanoke Old Time Jam comes to Mill Mountain Coffee and Tea starting June 12
The Roanoke Old Time Jam will start coming here every other week (and our Daleville location on alternate weeks) from 6 to 9 p.m on Wednesdays. If you play, check out their Facebook page for info. on what songs (and in what key) they plan to play in for the week: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roanoke-Old-Time-Jam/163076193746587?ref=ts&fref=ts If you want [...]
June 11, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Tzipi Livni in guardian.co.uk
You can determine today what the character of Kadima will be,said Livni. "You can determine today if you really have had enough of old-time politics. Come and vote, bring your children, and show them how you are changing the country."
- George Lucas in International Herald Tribune
You've got the whole assembly line built, and then you say, 'Hey, we can make up something,'Lucas said in an interview. "It was like old-time moviemaking. What I love about television, it's like Monogram Pictures or the old studio system,...
- Warren Beatty in guardian.co.uk
Beatty said he was "particularly humbled by the presence" of McGovern, Hart, Brown and Clinton, and he described himself as "an old-time, unrepentant, unreconstructed, tax-and-spend, bleeding-heart, die-hard liberal Democrat."